||High Density Networks (HDN) is an early-stage, high growth, wireless Internet access and VoIP telephone service provider and DirecTV value-added reseller. We partner with owners of Multiple Dwelling Units (MDUs, viz. apartments and condominiums) and install an MDU-wide Internet and DirecTV network using Wi-Fi and DirecTV’s proprietary MDU, single-dish technology. Our main offices are in Los Angeles and we currently provide service in Portland, Northern California and Los Angeles.
Reporting to HDN’s Vice President of Engineering and Operations, the Senior Network Engineer responsibilities include network planning of HDN’s logical and physical networks, network observation and supervision and Tier 3 technical support. You will be on-call 24x7 to troubleshoot network issues as necessary. Limited field work will be required to troubleshoot systemic network issues.
• Design, optimize, and troubleshoot traffic flow across HDN’s network
• Design, deploy, and support the network management and other back-end Operational Support Systems (OSS - mostly Linux based systems)
• Take the lead in the resolution of all network related, service-affecting issues, and resolve escalated network issues.
• Take the lead in commissioning and cut-over of new network elements
• On-call and emergency call-out as required
• Other duties as assigned
• A thorough understanding of LAN, MAN and WAN network architectures and troubleshooting.
• Fully proficient with Cisco IOS – CCNA or CCNP certification preferred.
• High level of acumen with Linux systems; Linux admin experience a huge plus.
• Proficient with HTML and Perl, Java, or other scripting language(s)
• Previous experience designing and deploying OSSs preferred
• Previous Network Operations Center (NOC) and security systems experience preferred
• Shall have good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
• Shall be organized and able to cope with change and uncertainty
• Shall be team-oriented and have a positive, “can do” attitude
HDN is an entrepreneurial environment: the right candidate must be comfortable with such an environment where team members wear “multiple hats,” there are many moving parts, with capital constraints, limited resources and “stretch” goals.