|Back to Categories
Senior Software Engineer
ReachLocal, Inc. is looking for a motivated Software Engineer (SE) to join its growing software development team. Day to day activities will include developing, maintaining, testing, supporting, and documenting our external partner integration software. This software communicates with the APIs of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and others and executes hundreds of thousands of commands every day against those APIs.
Creative Circle: Director of Technology
Position: Director of Technology
Location: West LA
Estimated Duration: Fulltime
A very cool hip gen x gen y marketing company is looking for a Director of Technology. You should have a go getter attitude and be ready to think outside the box. Any experience at a start up is a HUGE plus.
You will be participating in the analysis, system design, and application development of data driven web applications.
* Participate in the planning, design, and development of large-scale web solutions based on the PHP/MySQL/AJAX Platform.
* Interact with various internal departments to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
* Ensure that development quality, cost, and time objectives are met.
* Help to develop and set standard coding practices.
* Fully documents all programs written or revised.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (Required)
* Expert level skills in building data driven Web applications using the PHP/MySQL framework with at least one successful public deployment.
* Prior experience building high traffic data driven web frontends and research backends will be a plus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Passion, diligence, integrity, and exceptional aptitude.
* Bachelors degree in related field.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (Preferred)
* Experience providing general IT support for Windows based network.
* Proficiency with Linux (Redhat) System Administration, MySQL Administration, Shell Scripting.
* Experience managing windows based active directory networks.
* Thorough understanding of security requirements for application development and server configuration.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to: LA33@creativecircle.com
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Sr. PHP/MySQL Developer-Platform
Sr. PHP/MySQL Developer - Platform
Do you enjoy surfing through the series of tubes that is the interweb? Sick of being told that your extensive online knowledge is of the useless variety? Want to prove your parents wrong by benefiting from your interest in comic books? Want to work with a group of people who genuinely like one another in an environment that encourages creativity, individuality, laughter and irreverence? Want to make your friends jealous? Want to work for MashON?
MashON is an exciting and unique company free of the cubicle-centric corporate mentality. Our game consoles, dartboard, pool table, mandatory participation in company-wide Jenga tournaments, casual-only dress code and Donut Fridays, presented by our very own Ambassador of Fun, help create an atmosphere conducive to not sucking. We focus on building a host of web-based tools which allow users to combine their own photos, videos and sounds with premium licensed content, to easily create comic strips, animated novels and e-cards. The resulting mashup can be shared with friends via email or posted to popular social networking websites. Our brands include SPORE, MTV, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Chaotic, Garfield, Urbaniacs, Champions Online, and more!
MashON is looking for a Sr. PHP/MySQL Developer. As we extend our software platform and add to the hardware infrastructure, the Sr. PHP/MySQL Developer will play a key role. Responsibilities will include...
• Developing back-end and front-end applications
• Modeling and maintaining data storage (SQL and Filesystem)
• Modeling and developing web interaction (mashups, webservices, ﬂash remoting, ajax)
• Supporting clients and applications
• CS degree or equivalent analytical skills
• Strong Code-Fu, Object oriented analysis and design
• PHP5 (Zend Framework)
• Be agile
• Strong Leadership/Project Management Skills
• Ability to Lead and manage multiple projects at a time
• 3+ years working experience
• Experience with AJAX frameworks (YUI, Mochikit, prototype, dojo, jquery, script.aculo.us)
• Webservices, JSON, Flash Remoting
• Design skills
• Python (Django) or Ruby experience
• Mac environment proficiency
Portfolio must reflect varied client projects to demonstrate variability in work. Please submit a resume, link to portfolio and/or work samples to email@example.com.
Sr. Network Engineer
High Density Networks (HDN) is an early-stage, high growth, wireless Internet access and VoIP telephone service provider and DirecTV value-added reseller. We partner with owners of Multiple Dwelling Units (MDUs, viz. apartments and condominiums) and install an MDU-wide Internet and DirecTV network using Wi-Fi and DirecTV’s proprietary MDU, single-dish technology. Our main offices are in Los Angeles and we currently provide service in Portland, Northern California and Los Angeles.
Reporting to HDN’s Vice President of Engineering and Operations, the Senior Network Engineer responsibilities include network planning of HDN’s logical and physical networks, network observation and supervision and Tier 3 technical support. You will be on-call 24x7 to troubleshoot network issues as necessary. Limited field work will be required to troubleshoot systemic network issues.
• Design, optimize, and troubleshoot traffic flow across HDN’s network
• Design, deploy, and support the network management and other back-end Operational Support Systems (OSS - mostly Linux based systems)
• Take the lead in the resolution of all network related, service-affecting issues, and resolve escalated network issues.
• Take the lead in commissioning and cut-over of new network elements
• On-call and emergency call-out as required
• Other duties as assigned
• A thorough understanding of LAN, MAN and WAN network architectures and troubleshooting.
• Fully proficient with Cisco IOS – CCNA or CCNP certification preferred.
• High level of acumen with Linux systems; Linux admin experience a huge plus.
• Proficient with HTML and Perl, Java, or other scripting language(s)
• Previous experience designing and deploying OSSs preferred
• Previous Network Operations Center (NOC) and security systems experience preferred
• Shall have good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
• Shall be organized and able to cope with change and uncertainty
• Shall be team-oriented and have a positive, “can do” attitude
HDN is an entrepreneurial environment: the right candidate must be comfortable with such an environment where team members wear “multiple hats,” there are many moving parts, with capital constraints, limited resources and “stretch” goals.